Thursday, 28 July 2011
I do...do I?
God has created divorce for a reason, it’s not his favourite creation but he created it anyway, knowing there is a need, a place and a time for it.
Isn’t marriage supposed to be for life? I grew up in a tightly close family, parents are still in love with each other despite their attempts at hiding it, she calls him Azza for Abdel Aziz and he calls her ….can’t tell you! They don’t fight, they just stop speaking to each other for a couple of days and then we all know how they’re going to make up! YUK
So my idea of marriage is what my parents have, closeness, love, laughter and family but that perfect image is distorted when witnessing different examples of marriages out there, the unhappy couple, the cheating husband, the cheating wife, the runaway wife caught by La gendarmerie and brought back home, the abandoning husband and the open relationship, none of which inspire or instil me to start one of my own.
I have been thinking about this a while now, and even though I know that being in a relationship is better than not being in one for many reasons, but being single has also its advantages and I grew used to it, let’s compare shall we?
When you’re single:
- Crazy things happen to you – which makes life interesting and blog more consistent
- You can take snap decisions and not have to confer with other half
- You don’t have to worry about shaving, waxing etc with military precision for microscopic check ups
- You sleep in your own bed and if you don’t want to change the sheets, no one cares
- You don’t have to persuade anybody about any travel destination being too far or too exotic or not
- Ranting with girlfriends or on blog about being single is fun
- You always talk in a singular "I, Me"
- I think I’ve run out….damn I thought it was a going to be a long list!
When you’re in a relationship
- Crazy things don’t happen to you – that is pretty boring...I hear! probably not though
- You will never be cold in bed again
- Hugs and cuddles on demand
- Difficult decisions are shared, which takes the pressure off
- You can have couples holidays and dinner parties (can’t believe I am saying this, I hate couples holidays and dinner parties)
- ran out...a little help here??
Hmmm my mind is not made up, I want both, but I can’t have both, god has created marriage and divorce but not open relationships, but I don’t believe in divorce or open relationships, so I either go back to being single or I get married for better and for worse.
A torn Dz-Chick
Most popular ramblings!
Life continues to be thrilling and fun, work somewhat dwindling due to the market situation, love life completely deserted, social scene: ex...
Time is in abundance in this dead quite August, when you’re fasting, apart form the time Muslims are supposed to spend worshiping, the rest ...
The excitement is palpable and the wait is over, four years of waiting for the prestigious games to hit our screens again, to hit our s...
Had some doubt on the subject before, but I now know, my hunch was right, estate agents are scum. They all have the same voices, wear chea...
A few girls at work have discovered the latest testament entitled “why men love bitches” http://www.whymenlovebitches.com/ , a book that...