Tuesday, 24 December 2013
A not-so-stiff upper lip!
Meanwhile in a parallel world not too far away, others who have passed the seven year mark have acquired a look, a special kind of look, an annoying mixture of arrogance, jadedness, know-it-all attitude and a hint (or two) of neurosis with a questionable and supposedly dry sense of humour.
- When you catch yourself trying to sound posh! Might be a good start to try to sound English first then upgrade.
- When you always roll your eyes and know when it’s coming “I have been to Tunisia and Morocco but never Algeria”
- When someone says your name wrong and you can’t bring yourself to correct them, so forevermore you will be known as Rhonda!
- When you make every effort not to look Algerian (yeah you know who you are)
- When somebody says you look Italian and you say “Ohh thank you”
- When you feel inadequate because you only speak 3 languages
- When you pride yourself in how few Algerian friends you have
- When you are disgraced by people who pour hot water over couscous to cook it
- When you hold back the tears after your haircut, but smile and say you love it
- When you insist on giving directions to anyone who asked rather than admit you just don’t know
Dz-chick…Dz-Brit with a proven track record ;)
Most popular ramblings!
Time is in abundance in this dead quite August, when you’re fasting, apart form the time Muslims are supposed to spend worshiping, the rest ...
The excitement is palpable and the wait is over, four years of waiting for the prestigious games to hit our screens again, to hit our s...
Had some doubt on the subject before, but I now know, my hunch was right, estate agents are scum. They all have the same voices, wear chea...
A few girls at work have discovered the latest testament entitled “why men love bitches” http://www.whymenlovebitches.com/ , a book that...
The Algerian Cultural Collective which was the driving force behind the recent success of the Algerian Cultural Festival that took place ...